In this week, we would like to suggest reading an article published in “AnalyticsInsight.Net” about Big Data Trends in 2019. To be honest, most of them are happening in 2018 and some of them are already running in our data science lab by Clear Data Science Limited and Smart Data Institute Limited.
The trending things are listed with our additional notes / views:
- Fast Growing IoT Devices – it is becoming hot from 2017 and keeping it up
- Predictive Analytics – this topic is not new and most people are not doing well in the past
- Dark Data – only a lower percentage of data is being analyzed. So, there is still a big room to grow.
- CDOs in Demand – not only CDOs, but all roles in data science is facing a big demand
- Quantum Computing – it sounds nice for Quantum Computing for solving any complex problems but there are still getting to improve for the integration of tools
- Open Source – SMBs should start here if without any analytics before
- Edge Computing – it is closely related to IoT (in our opinions, not the writer of the article) with computing power close to end-user for sharing workload from centralized computing power. It could leverage the network and server power (also cloud) by sharing workload to local computers near users. Thus, it is aligned with the IoT characteristics.
Finally, we would like to say “not just read other people’s ideas, turn them into actions for your own experience”. This is always the believe of our learning team and committing team members.